Korenix USA is proud to announce the release of the JetNet 6524G Industrial 24-Port Gigabit Stackable Layer 3 Managed Ethernet Switch.
The JetNet 6524G is a 19-inch Gigabit Stackable Layer 3 Managed Switch, equipped with 24 10/100/1000 Base-TX ports, including 4 Gigabit SFP combo ports delivering maximum throughput and flexibility for high-density and ultra high-speed connection. Up to 8 units can be stacked together, allowing users to simultaneously build a single-IP manageable device while providing 40G backplane across full duplex stacking links. JetNet 6524G’s flexible interface design allows it to provide up to 192 Gigabit ports per stack and 384G bandwidth for building intelligent large-scale networks.
In addition to the 90-264VAC power-based JetNet 6524G model, Korenix offers the JetNet 6524GDC series, which can support 24V or 48V power inputs and features a FAN-less design with -40~65oC wide operating temperature for severe industrial applications.
Easy Stack Management
The simplified stack management interface of JetNet 6524G allows users to manage up to 192 ports of the switches through a single console interface or single IP address. Administrators can also benefit from the stacking interface by easily configuring the precedence of each stack member. By assigning different precedence to different stack members, users can choose the management (Master) unit of the stack. If a stack member’s precedence is assigned to be disabled, this stack member will always be a slave unit.
Layer 3 Routing
The JetNet 6524G IP routing layer contains the IP forwarding layer, Address Resolution Protocol (ARP) mapping layer and Routing Tables. With its IP forwarding table, the JetNet 6524G provides wire speed IP and VLAN inter-routing. A single JetNet 6524G enables users to configure multiple IP subnets and assign them to the physical interface. The routing table can be updated according to the routing information defined by configured static route or learned by dynamic Routing Protocols. The dynamic Routing Protocols supported by JetNet 6524G are RIPv1, v2, OSPFv1 and V2.
In addition to IP and VLAN routing, routing multicast streams such as movies, videos, and industrial automation streams through different subnets requires dynamic multicast routing protocols such as PIM-DM and PIM-SM, DVMRP and IGMP v1/v2/v3. The JetNet 6524G differs from other layer 3 switches with its multicast routing feature. With IGMP snooping and IGMP router port selection protocols, the JetNet 6524G acts as an access level switch or aggregated switch, so that the clients can be divided into different subnets for wire speed routing and for exchanging routing information with other L3 routers/switches.
24-port 10/100/1000 BaseT ports with 4 Gigabit SFP combo ports
- 2 10G backplane for stacking up to 8 units with 192 ports and 384G bandwidth
- Supports IP, VLAN & Multicast routing
- IP Routing protocol supports RIP v1 / v2, OSPF v1/v2
- Supports L3 Multicast, PIM-DM and PIM-SM, DVMRP, IGMP v1/v2/v3
- Virtual Redundant Router Protocol (VRRP) for gateway redundancy
- Supports LLDP and JetView Pro i2NMS for network auto topology visualization and efficient group management
- Multiple Super Ring member mode
- 802.1s Multiple Spanning Tree Protocol and 802.1w RSTP for network redundancy
- Supports 512 VLANs, GVRP/GMRP, protocol VLAN
- 802.3ad LACP, up to 6 trunk groups, unicast and multicast load balance
- Supports L2 / L3 / L4 ACL (access control list)
- IEEE 802.1x Port-Based Authentication, RADIUS and TACACS client, SSH, SSL, TLS, Port binding
- FAN-less design with -40~65oC wide operating temperature (JetNet 6524G-DC)
For more information on this and other Korenix products:
Korenix USA, based in Walnut, California, services all of North, South & Central America by providing hardened, cost-effective, and Industrial Ethernet Switches for Industrial and Rugged applications. Our award-winning flagship products JetPoE Industrial Managed PoE Switch and JetBox Industrial Embedded Computer lead the way in industrial automation, power utility, telecommunications, and outdoor markets such as traffic control and video surveillance. Korenix USA supplies the extra edge for Industrial Networking!